none
SharePoint 2013 - CRITICAL ERROR occur on Event Viewer - Task Category: Topology

Question

• Dear all,

I am having a critical error on my SharePoint server Event viewer. Error is "A certificate validation operation took 12030.9783 milliseconds and has exceeded the execution time threshold."

Please find below screen shot

Please help what should I do in such case.

Regards,

Bhavna

Bhavnasu

Friday, March 03, 2017 7:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Bhavna,

For your issue, the error occurs generally because SharePoint server does not have outbound Internet access to validate certificates.

Follow the article to fix:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2625048/site-slowness-because-of-sharepoint-sts-certificate-crl-checking

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 06, 2017 2:35 AM
  • Hi Grace Wang,

Thank you for the reply.

Bhavnasu

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 12:57 PM
  • Hi Bhavna,

If the reply helps you, you can mark it as answer, it will make others who stuck with the similar issue easier to search for valid solutions in this forum.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 09, 2017 1:23 AM
  • Hi Grace,

I tried a similar resolution like your above link a week ago, my SharePoint site was down. I was having below error on event viewer:

An operation failed because the following certificate has validation errors:

Subject Name: CN=SharePoint Security Token Service, OU=SharePoint, O=Microsoft, C=US

Issuer Name: CN=SharePoint Root Authority, OU=SharePoint, O=Microsoft, C=US

Thumbprint: 62F06E3EBF324BC0605373D81137BCFAA1C9C594

Errors:

NotSignatureValid: The signature of the certificate cannot be verified.

UntrustedRoot: A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.

RevocationStatusUnknown: The revocation function was unable to check revocation for the certificate.

OfflineRevocation: The revocation function was unable to check revocation because the revocation server was offline.

I tried a lot to solve it but unfortunately I was unable.

Please help what should be done to put my SharePoint site up.

Regards,

Bhavna.

Bhavnasu

Thursday, March 09, 2017 7:32 AM