How to control APP-VShortcuts via Group Policy RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning,

I am attempting to configure APP-V 5.1 in a Citrix XenApp 6.5 environment with Server 2008 r2 running the Xen Servers.  In our environment we use Group Policy to control shortcuts on the desktop and Start menu.

As such when I am testing a published application, the App-V created shortcut on the Start Menu exists on a users first login and then disappears on subsequent logins.  Is there a way to create a shortcut on the Start Menu for an App-V published application using Group Policy?

Kind Regards

Matthew Lawrenson

Monday, March 19, 2018 10:52 AM

All replies

• What is the delivery methode for your appv applications?

Roy Essers

Monday, March 19, 2018 6:07 PM
  • Thank you, for your response.

Looking at the server configurations, I believe that I configured it as Streaming Delivery. 

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 3:13 PM
  • With App-V, you can either choose to deploy the application to the machine or to the user. If you choose for users, all extension points (including shortcuts) get published as soon, in your case, a sync against the publishing server takes place. These syncs can be controlled by GPO's, and happen on logon and/or periodic times.
    I suppose you all have this in place, otherwise you would not see shortcuts at all. Are you using machine or user deployment?
    Do these shortcuts disappear for all users? Are you using roaming profiles (or any other USV methode?)

Roy Essers

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 10:30 PM