none
Project site not getting created RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All,

I am using PWA 2010 with SP1 and APR 2013 CU. I am facing issue after APR 2013 cu updates

when i am creating project. project site is not getting created and giving error

Your CreateWssSite job failed.Its current state is FailedNotBlocking.It was 0% complete.It entered the queue at 05/02/2013 11:52:32. To get more information about the job failure, please go to Project Web App.Select Personal Settings from the left menu.Then select My Queued Jobs. The errors returned from the queue are as follows:  Error ID: 16402  Error ID: 26000 Detailed error below - send it to the administrator for more detailed troubleshooting. <?xmlversion="1.0"encoding="utf-16"?> <errinfo> <general> <classname="Thewebthatyouaretryingtocreatealreadyexists."> <errorid="16402"name="WSSWebAlreadyExists"uid="6883e7ac-f98d-49ae-8822-cbc666e79535"/> </class> <classname="Queue"> <errorid="26000"name="GeneralQueueJobFailed"uid="7a360e07-bfd7-445d-ae90-9967d0ec3a07"JobUID="fe794bf4-e41a-4e2c-bfb8-2c76dfbcbd1f"ComputerName="DE08W3303"GroupType="CreateWssSite"MessageType="CreateWssSiteMessage"MessageId="1"Stage=""/> </class> </general> </errinfo> You can do the following: 1. Try troubleshooting using the error IDs, error XML. 2. Contact administrator with your jobID (fe794bf4-e41a-4e2c-bfb8-2c76dfbcbd1f) and error XML.

and when i am trying to open Project site i am getting screen like

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:49 PM
    Thursday, May 2, 2013 1:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Kritesh,

Error is due to site is already exists. Is this the first time you are trying to create Project Site for this project plan?

You can view list of Project Sites including the one not listed on PWA>>Project Sites page.  As follows.

Navigate to PWA Site Actions >> Site Settings and click on "Sites and Workspaces" located under Site administration section.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 4:52 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Thanks for your response. 

I am creating project first time and getting issue. when I do publish project is getting published but project site is not getting created.

When i click on Project Site i am getting

T"There is no site configured for this project."

and Url is  Http://CCC.com/_layouts/PWA/Common/WSSNav.aspx?Project=c609b67b-0282-4953-9eb5-95ae1965d480&WSSListType=0

I am also not using any custom template.

kirtesh

Friday, May 3, 2013 5:55 AM
  • Go to PWA, View All Site Content, and check in there for the relevant project name - you will most likely see it listed, and if you click on it, will most likely be asked to select a template. Select a template, then I would delete that site via site actions (as it won't be in the PWA server settings > Project sites table).

You could re-test/repeat at this stage - if the issue/queue error reoccurs again, you need to think about the template being used against the EPT. Its probably been modified and whoever has done that, needs to think about what changes they have made (probably be best to make them again on an earlier version of the template that you knew worked or from scratch).

Friday, May 3, 2013 10:30 AM