none
Upgrade of Assembly version for custom workflows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

For the custom authorization workflows, what happens when we upgrade the assembly version and deploy into the system?

Does all the authorization requests present in the FIM Portal associated with the earlier assembly version get cancelled? Or they will remain as it is and only the new requests that are created after the deployment will start making use of the new assembly version and the old ones will remain as it in "Authorizing" state, still providing the approver to approve/reject the request?

Thanks,

Veena

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 5:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Any idea?

Thanks,

Veena

Friday, June 10, 2016 5:29 AM
  • I'm not sure Veena, but I do know if you alter the version number, you can have two copies of the same assembly in the GAC, so I guess you could set up a secondary activity, workflow and MPR.

Thanks,

Paul

Friday, June 10, 2016 10:09 AM
  • Hi Veena,

I would think they will still be in Authorizing state waiting to be approved or rejected because the authorization activity is already evaluated and just waiting for it to be approved in FIM. Please let us know your experience with this if you've already installed the new assembly.

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Thursday, July 7, 2016 2:48 PM
  • Veena-

New requests will start using the new binaries. You'll want to leave the previous version in the GAC for your in-flight workflows to use.

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Thursday, July 7, 2016 4:33 PM