none
Journaling for Mail Enabled Users RRS feed

• Question

• I have several external users that have an AD account which enables them to access some of our systems.  We would like to mail enable those users but then add their external email address in Exchange so any email sent to their internal address will go onto their external email account.  We currently have one user set up that way and everything is working fine except, the test emails being sent aren't actually being journaled.  We have journaling on to send every email that comes into our system onto a specific address, but when we do a tracking log, that test email does not show up.  Does it not journal it because it has no destination mailbox or do we have something set up wrong?
    Friday, June 10, 2016 6:34 PM

Answers

• Let me fully understand this configuration - you have mail-enabled accounts (not mailbox enabled accounts) that you intend to journal?  If this is the case, you can't journal a contact - you can only journal accounts that you have mailboxes for.  Am I reading this wrong?

Will Martin ...
    -join ('77696c6c406d617274696e2d66616d696c6965732e6f7267' -split '(?<=\G.{2})' | ? { $_ } | % { [char][int]"0x$_" })

Friday, June 10, 2016 6:56 PM
  • Hi,

For my understanding, you create a mail-enabled contact, then configure journal rule to journal all messages for that mail-enabled contact? Am I right?

So, how do you configure that journal rule? please post the result of the following command

Get-JournalRule "rule name"

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 13, 2016 7:14 AM

All replies

• Let me fully understand this configuration - you have mail-enabled accounts (not mailbox enabled accounts) that you intend to journal?  If this is the case, you can't journal a contact - you can only journal accounts that you have mailboxes for.  Am I reading this wrong?

Will Martin ...
    -join ('77696c6c406d617274696e2d66616d696c6965732e6f7267' -split '(?<=\G.{2})' | ? { $_ } | % { [char][int]"0x$_" })

Friday, June 10, 2016 6:56 PM
  • Hi,

For my understanding, you create a mail-enabled contact, then configure journal rule to journal all messages for that mail-enabled contact? Am I right?

So, how do you configure that journal rule? please post the result of the following command

Get-JournalRule "rule name"

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 13, 2016 7:14 AM