none
Skype for business - Win10 - Slow shutdown... RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having some problems shutting down windows 10 Pro.

5-10 min every time, some times shutting down Skype for business will improve shutdown speed.

I'm running the latest office 365, I have used windows performance analyzer to diagnose the problem, but I cannot figure out how to solve it, or pinpoint what function that might cause this problem.

Uninstalling office 2013 removed the shutdown problems.
    After installing office 2016 via 365, there was no problems, until I signed in to Skype for business.

any advice ?

I cant be allowed to insert a screenshot - "Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account."

Thursday, March 3, 2016 3:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi PMK-DK,

Please make sure the Skype for Business is closed properly, you can check it in Task Manager.

However, since you’re facing issues related to Windows System, I would suggest you post your query in Windows client forum. You would receive better suggestions in that forum. Let us know if you need any further information. We’ll be glad to help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?forum=win10itprogeneral&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Best regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 4, 2016 7:27 AM
  • Hi

we are facing the same issues. Did you get any help? Can you post a link?

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:43 PM
  • Same problem here also.

We currently have four laptops with the problem. Creating a new user profile helps, but only until the new user profile also gets the problem.

It seems to be caused by a Skype for Business thread, that is trying to fetch new messages and doesn't quit when told to shut down.

Thursday, April 21, 2016 12:29 AM