Computer Crashes With 0x0000007E BSOD error after Installing Audio Driver For Computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have just recently installed the Realtek AC'97 Audio Drivers on to my laptop after accidentally uninstalling them and it is crashing at startup, with a BSOD error that says "Stop 0x0000007E (0XC0000005, 0XF715B46D, 0XF8B9FA74, 0XF8B9F770). I have updated the driver with no success and also tried to recover the deleted files. If somebody could help me diagnose this problem I would be grateful. Thanks!
    • Edited by Josh234 Sunday, November 27, 2011 4:21 AM
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 4:11 AM

All replies

• When starting computer use functional key F8 and select Last known Good Configuration.

Regards

Milos

Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:16 AM
  • The Stop 0x0000007E (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch. The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check is a very common bug check. To interpret it, you must identify which exception was generated: the first parameter's value (0XC0000005) indicates an access violation.

Try booting your system in Safe Mode or using the Last Known Good Configuration by pressing F8 at computer startup and think about removing the updated drivers you've just installed; upload the .DMP file to your Windows Live Skydrive as soon as you can so we can try to analyze it and understand what's going wrong.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 4:03 PM
  • 1. One important note to my previous contribution. Last Known Good Configuration is effective only if you use it just after the BSOD when computer restarts.

2. There is knowledge base article that tacles this error it http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182/en-us

3. If you get into safe mode, you can see the event log if there is any helpful iinformation.

4. Sometime clean start (without unnecessary) services can help to pinpoint the problem.

5. Try to remember all changes (drivers, software install and configuration) in the meantime between perfect and bad computer behaviour.

6. You have an option to dig deeply into the system internals, if you analyze minidump (seach key Windbg and/or Nirsoft for minidump analysis)

Regards

Milos

Sunday, November 27, 2011 4:25 PM