none
2012 R2 The Group Policy Management Console does not generate a status report for a domain

Question

• Hi all,

I found this hotfix which says it will fix my exact problem but when I try to install it I get an error "This update is not applicable to your computer"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2954031

My error:

When you click Detect Now on the Status tab in the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC), you receive the following error message:

No Infrastructure Status information exists for this domain.

Is there another fix for this?

The environment is a medium network with about 10 dispersed DC's, most are 2008 R2 but three are 2012 R2.

Thanks for any help you can lend!

• Edited by littleroot2 Thursday, September 3, 2015 10:13 PM typo
    Thursday, September 3, 2015 6:32 PM

Answers

• As per the notes in the KB article

To resolve this issue in Windows Server 2012 R2, install update rollup 2975719.

Update information

For more information about how to obtain update rollup 2975719, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    2975719 August 2014 update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Thursday, September 3, 2015 9:21 PM

All replies

Update information

For more information about how to obtain update rollup 2975719, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    2975719 August 2014 update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Thursday, September 3, 2015 9:21 PM

Update information

Don

Hi Don, thanks for this. I think your answer is correct but I am a little hesitant since the files in the download package all start with Windows8.1 (!) I tried from two different machines.

I'm getting it from here

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44051

Anyway I am going to try on a lower priority DC and see if all is good and let you know. Thanks.

Bob

Thursday, September 3, 2015 9:44 PM