Move Mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

AI have a maibox cluster in exchnage 2003 in prodcution. we are planning to restrcuture our entire AD environment. but as a temporarly we we want to use existing exchnage 2003 server. as the mailbox is on a SAN(clustered) and mean time I want decommision that SAN without disturbing the current environment. the idea is I want to use the SAN for our new installations (exchange 2007).

I am planning to setup one more exchnage server on the same organization then will move the mailboxes to the newly configured mailbox server. then I decommision the SAN and use to my new installations.

Please put your valuable suggestions to accomblish the above

Faisal Babu
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 11:44 AM

Answers

• Hey Faisal,

Sounds like perfect plan, move all data from clustered Exchange server to new server and decommission it.

Are those only Exchange servers in your environment? If so, follow below article while removing first Exchange 2003 server to move certain things like Offline Address Book folder, the Schedule+ Free Busy folder, the Events Root folder, and other folders...

How to remove the first Exchange Server 2003 computer from the administrative group

Amit Tank | MVP - Exchange | MCITP:EMA MCSA:M | http://ExchangeShare.WordPress.com
    • Proposed as answer by Amit Tank Friday, March 27, 2009 5:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amit Tank Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:03 AM
    Monday, March 23, 2009 2:05 PM