Windows Server TP 2016 (TH2_RELEASE) - Windows 10 Dual Boot RRS feed

• Question

• I installed windows server 2016 then i install windows 10 and when i reboot my system , only windows 10 working ,windows server was missed. can u tell me how to make dual boot? i want to try and will install firstly windows 10 and then windows server , i hope this error will be fixed . if enybody know that it won't work please message/comment me and advice me best way how to fix it
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

First I would like to explain that one is client system and other is server system. Either in personal test, nor production environment, it is not a recommended configuration.

Compared to dual boot system, you may consider of Hyper-V virtualization technology, it is a built-in function in Windows Server TP 2016 (whether included in Windows 10 depends on system version). 

Regarding the issue, is Windows Server 2016 setup as native boot (Boot to VHD)?

You can used BCDEdit /enum to see if Windows Server 2016 in the BCD store. If not, you can use BCDEdit /set {GUID} to add Windows Server 2016 to the boot menu.

Here's an article that walks through configuring native boot.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh825691.aspx

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alvwan Tuesday, April 12, 2016 6:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Wang_ Friday, April 15, 2016 7:02 AM
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 6:52 AM