Windows XP goes back to sleep after scheduled wakeup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Could you please tell me what settings I should use in the following situation:
    • there are 3 tasks defined in the task scheduler:
      suspend the computer (23.00 from Monday till Thirsday),
      hibernate the computer (23.00 at Friday),
      wakeup (09.00 every weekday);
    • suspend and hibernate are scheduled to call PsShutdown (sysinternals) with -d or -h;
    • wakeup - is a simpple task to run bat-script with just echo, this task has property, allowing to turn the computer on - "Wake the computer to run this task";
    • wake on LAN is also enabled (using MagicPacket).
    The problem is that after scheduled wakeup (or after MagicPacket for Wake On LAN is received) the computer goes back to sleep in some time (it is 2 minutes mostly, but from time to time the computer "is alive" for about an hour). Such behavior is very uncomfortable (there are no keyboard or mouse connected, just remote access).
    If the power button is pressed to wakeup the PC, then it doesn't make any attempt to suspend by its own.

P.S. There was information about Wake On LAN that the PC will go back to sleep after 2 minutes of LAN interface inactivity, but I couldn't find any solution how to prevent this.

Friday, December 14, 2012 1:12 PM

All replies

• I wonder if such a solution (social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itproxpsp/thread/cb3829c5-7407-404c-abff-130246ff4c25) is the only one possible in the situation described above?
    Monday, December 17, 2012 9:54 AM