delete the workflow which is in started state RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a list workflow in SPD 2013 and that sends the due date reminder email based on the due date column of my list.

For ex, Today is 17/07/2020 and my due date is 03/08/2020 and my workflow sends the due date reminder on 01/08/2020 which is two days before the due date. 

Now when I create any item in the list, the workflow is started state. and I have another column in my list and If that is updated before due date.. i dont want to send the email. 

For my case even its updated, the due date reminder will trigger.

Please help on this issue

Thanks in Advance

Friday, July 17, 2020 10:47 AM

All replies

• Add an If branch in the workflow to check for certain conditions. Skip to the end step if the proper conditions aren't met.
    Friday, July 17, 2020 7:57 PM
  • Hi MohanaG, 

You can judge whether a special column is changed before due date, if a a special column is changed, set "Send Reminder " to No.

Then check like for current list item "Send Reminder " is set to Yes/No. if send Reminder is set to " Yes" then go next. check todays date match with EventReminderDate.

Reminder Workflow Pause for Specific Duration in SharePoint 2013 for your reference:

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/58e23e/remainder-workflow-pause-for-specific-duration-in-sharepoint/

How to judge whether a special column is changed for your reference:

http://officepowerups.com/2013/07/09/send-email-when-specific-field-changes-in-sharepoint/

This “SharePoint 2013 - Using SharePoint Designer, InfoPath and Other Customizations” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen 

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Monday, July 20, 2020 2:50 AM
  • Hi MohanaG, 

If a reply helps you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Thursday, July 23, 2020 2:09 AM
  • Hello,

This forum will be locked down, if you still have issues about this question, you can continue to post in here before 8/10/2020. It is recommended to create a new question on Microsoft Q&A, we will continue to support you on the new home.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 8:14 AM