Office CleanUP using OffScrub RRS feed

• Question

• I created a new package using the following cmd:

"%SystemRoot%\System32\cmd.exe" /C "CScriptNative.cmd //B //NoLogo "OffScrub10.vbs" ALL /Quiet /NoCancel /Force /OSE"

and the cmd file is looking for x64 or x86

if "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432%"=="AMD64" (
    rem Currently running as 32-bit process on 64-bit Windows (SysWOW64)
    rem Launch CScript through Sysnative
    "%SystemRoot%\Sysnative\cscript.exe" %*
    ) else (
    "%SystemRoot%\System32\cscript.exe" %*
    )

but was getting an error 2, file not found.

so trying to just change it to:

C:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe "C:\Office-2010-CleanUp\OffScrub10.vbs" PROPLUS /Q /NoCancel /BYPASS 1

that has worked with manual testing. 

changed the cmd in the program, deleted deployment and created a new one.

now the console shows status in progress and i dont see it running on the client in execmgr.log file 

what have i missed? Thank for the help.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 4:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Why not just:

1. Create a package with OffScrub10.vbs
    2. Use cscript.exe OffScrub10.vbs /ALL /QUIET as your program

Or, use an application model with detection method to be something like C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\ and create a dummy install command, like echo and use cscript.exe OffScrub10.vbs /ALL /QUIET as your uninstall command. Deploy that as Uninstall to the collection you'd like to remove Office from. More details on this approach can be found here:

http://windowsitpro.com/configuration-manager/create-configuration-manager-application-uninstall-old-office-version

• Marked as answer by Ogeccut Tuesday, April 4, 2017 5:55 PM
    Tuesday, April 4, 2017 5:10 PM
  • Thank you, the application route is working.

Any idea why the package was sitting and not executing?

Thanks for the help.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 5:55 PM
  • Thank you, the application route is working.

Any idea why the package was sitting and not executing?

Thanks for the help.

For starters, you're calling a script to to run a script -> Way too over complicated. And your last line just assumes that the .vbs -script is in the place you're calling it to run from, is it there?

And second, package/program just executes the command, there's no way telling, is the end-result what it should be. With the application model, you get the desired outcome *when* you've defined the detection method correctly.

• Edited by Narcoticoo Tuesday, April 4, 2017 6:01 PM
    Tuesday, April 4, 2017 5:59 PM
  • Thanks for explain. I have checked and the source was there in cached location.

Is there any other location besides execmgr.log for troubleshooting packages?

From now on will try to use application model as much as possible.

Do u have a link where i can look up chaining multiple applications? 

OffScrub + Reboot + O365.

sorry for asking, maybe you can save me some time looking for it.

Thank you.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 6:28 PM
  • First, start looking at how to detect that O365 is installed, make sure that the detection method isn't the same one as you've defined for OffScrub. Second, configure OffScrub deployment type to force reboot and lastly, configure O365 deployment to supersede OffScrub.

That's just one way doing it. You have to be careful with the detection methods. Here are some guides for the O365 deployment with SCCM:

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 3:31 AM
  • Do u have a link where i can look up chaining multiple applications? 

OffScrub + Reboot + O365.
    You can use the PowerShell App Deployment Toolkit. Someone has already created the script which will search for older versions of Office, use the offscrub to remove the older versions, then install Office 365 ProPlus. See https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/aa81d5a8-779a-482c-9c02-e187ab5d635f/office-2010-x64-x86-removal?forum=officesetupdeploy#32c80aac-09e7-42bd-b373-712f1aa47807
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 3:57 AM