none
Converting TI Object from HIS 2006 to HIS 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am attempting to convert my current HIS 2006 TI objects to run in HIS 2013 and have encountered the following issues:

1. Unable to open my TI object .DLL file in TI Designer within Visual Studio 2012. I have run the TI Conversion Tool to convert my TI object to be compatible with HIS 2013, however I am now unable to open this in TI Designer as I get the following error message "Failed to load the library. It might not be generated by Host Integration Server Designer". 

2. My TI Object is self-hosted and I have a Web Service that references this TI Assembly. When I try and invoke this web service it fails and when I check my WCF trace file it is telling me that a method in my TI assembly cannot be found. This is after I have converted the DLL file via the TI conversion tool.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why these 2 issues are occuring and how I can resolve this.

Thanks

Sean

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 4:35 AM

Answers

• Sean,

It sounds like the problem is that the underlying HIS code is not able to resource locate to the SNA Server service to verify the LUs or the underlying authentication process is not succeeding.

You may need to add the user account that the Web service is running under (Application Pool or IIS user account) to the HIS Runtime Users group. You might need to add it to the HIS Administrators group, but the HIS Runtime Users group should be sufficient.

Give that a try to see if it helps. Otherwise, we might need to get some HIS traces to see what is happening.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Friday, September 26, 2014 2:35 PM

All replies

• Transaction Integrator went through a lot of changes in HIS 2013. Here are a few of the key changes:

- TI Manager has been removed from the product.

- TI WIP and HIP configuration is now included in a app.config (or web.config) file

- HIS Designer has been updated to produce XML based meta data definition files. These files have an extension of "hidx" (Host Integration Definition XML).  The hidx file replaces the TI meta data assembly as the media used by TI designer. 

If you haven't, you should download and install the HIS 2013 SDK from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41557.

After installing the SDK, you should take a look at the readme files associated with the ApplicationIntegrationStarterGuide sample under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Host Integration Server 2013 SDK v1.0\ApplicationIntegration\WindowsInitiated.

You should start with the Readme_01_Changes.txt file as it explains many of the changes in TI.

When you ran the TIConversionTool, it should have created a HIDX file based on the old HIS 2006 TI assembly. You should be able to open the HIDX file in VS2012 and see the methods and parameters just like you did with the Designer for HIS 2006. It should have also created a backward compatible DLL in a \bin folder in the output location specified when running the conversion tool.

Hope this helps.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:56 PM
  • Thankyou....that was very helpful.

Another question though, I have a web service that was built on HIS 2006 that references the Microsoft.HostIntegration.TI.ClientContext.dll assembly. 

Since migrating to HIS 2013 and referencing the new ClientContext.dll assembly I can no longer call the WriteContext() method to write to the TI array. Has this changed from HIS 2006 to HIS 2013 and how do I go about doing this now?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Sean

Thursday, September 25, 2014 5:37 AM
  • The TI Client Context has changed. Prior to Host Integration Server 2009 (e.g. in HIS 2006), the Client Context was implemented as a helper object that enabled client application code to write into and read from an array of objects. This was a .NET implementation of the COM ClientContext, which has no strong typing and has no properties. Instead, it only has routines.

The Client Context was updated in HIS 2009 to support things such as Dynamic Remote Environments while maintaining backwards compatibility. Another benefit of these changes is that a user no longer needs to specify “Allow Context” on a method. Overrides with and without context are provided. The user still has the ability to not allow the Client Context, it’s just included by default now.

You should take a look at the ClientContext sample in the HIS 2013 SDK under  ApplicationIntegration\WindowsInitiated\ClientContext to get a feel for how the Client Context is used now.

You should update your application to use the new Client Context model at this point.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:18 PM
  • Thanks Stephen, I have now been able to compile my web service successfully. 

I have now tried to test my web service and after setting up a HIS trace I am receiving the following error: 

HISETBG0001 Application Integrator has intercepted an exception in method ***********.  Following is the exception description: HISMSNA0015 The SNATransport encountered an error calling internal method CMALLC when processing method *******, LUName *****. Details: The SNA Service is not started."

I have checked SNA Manager and the SNA Service and Connection are both 'ACTIVE'.

I have configured the local and remote LU's and my web.config file for my web service contains the config parameters created via the TI config tool.

Checking the mainframe logs confirms that a connection has successfully been made via this server however no SNA packets to the CICS region have been received. 

Any ideas why this would be happening?

Thanks

Sean

Friday, September 26, 2014 5:08 AM
  • Sean,

It sounds like the problem is that the underlying HIS code is not able to resource locate to the SNA Server service to verify the LUs or the underlying authentication process is not succeeding.

You may need to add the user account that the Web service is running under (Application Pool or IIS user account) to the HIS Runtime Users group. You might need to add it to the HIS Administrators group, but the HIS Runtime Users group should be sufficient.

Give that a try to see if it helps. Otherwise, we might need to get some HIS traces to see what is happening.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Friday, September 26, 2014 2:35 PM
  • Stephen

Adding the account to the HIS Runtime Users group did the trick and everything appears to be working successfully now. Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers

Sean

Monday, September 29, 2014 1:54 AM
  • Sean,

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Hello Stephen,

We just installed HIS 2013 and we get the same error as :

“HISMSNA0015 The SNATransport encountered an error calling internal method CMALLC when processing method HostMethod, LUName TLSGCICS. Details: The SNA Service is not started."

But all the SNA services are in "running" state and following these post we added "everyone" to HIS runtime users and administrators to see if that was the case but we got the same error again. What can we do next ? 

Best regards,

Murat

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 12:05 PM
  • Murat,

Did you add the user account that the application is running under to the HIS Runtime Users group?

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:20 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

Actually we don't know which user account application running on so we add user 'everyone' to HIS Runtime Users group which includes every user in domain that can log on to the windows server 12 that HIS is running on.

Our application is a local application that works on same server as HIS and we are trying just a simple WIP.

Regards,

Murat

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:59 PM
  • If the application runs on the HIS Server, you should be able to check the account that it is running under by using Task Manager and enabling the User Name column to see the user context of all the running processes. I don't believe that using the "Everyone" group will be sufficient.

Try finding the user account that the application is running under and then add that to the HIS Runtime Users group to see if that resolves the problem.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Thursday, October 16, 2014 1:23 PM