none
Project 2010 Server to Project 2013 Server Upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning all,

We are currently using Project 2010 Server/SharePoint 2010 and are upgrading to 2013.  We have installed the UMT360 Finanical model and created 3 workflows to assist with stage gates.  We were originally using the setup for cost forecasting of the projects(feeding the box with numbers), without really building out schedules and tasks.  Now we are in hypermode to adjust that to a managing projects the way they were intended in Project Server. At the same time, we are upgrading to 2013.  Our servers are offsite, currently we have 2010 in both prod and dev, and 2013 is in dev

I have a ton of questions, however I'll ask this.  What do I need to be worried about from a migration/upgrade perspective?  We are evaluating a few different companies to do the upgrade in a quick timeline.  Is there anything that you have ran across doing this upgrade that we should be weary of?

I know this is vauge, however it's a starting point as I don't know what I don't know.

Thank you in advance,

Tony

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 1:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Tony,

The quick answer is: it depends. It depends on the complexity and customization of your 2010 environment.

There are a number of things you need to pay attention to:

- workflows - make sure the 2013 workflows are running fine on the migrated environment

- customizations - check which ones you really want to migrate

- UMT360 - works with both 2010 and 2013 and you will need to make sure the proper actions are configured in your 2013 workflows

The most important thing: go through a number of upgrade iterations before migrating the production environment!

Hope this helps

Paul

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 2:50 PM
  • You can also see the one specified in the forum as you are using UMT:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/cff5dd71-f602-4786-b11b-0c67074acb6b/not-able-to-save-security-permission-template-and-groups-as-well?forum=projserv2010setup#ca0cc295-4d60-457e-871f-3e2a857dc5d4

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 2:22 AM