none
Move project template between different environment (ie different domain) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Here is the complete picture

I customised a project by adding list , matrix, pages, custom columns, custom project pages etc and then saved it as a template(include content), then i moved the saved template wsp file to a project server in different domain

So now when i tried to to create a new project from the template, no customization is there , it is coming up as default project.

I am using Project server 2013. Please suggest what i am missing here or is there any other way to move project around

Thanks

AnkitG

Friday, February 21, 2014 3:56 PM

All replies

• Hello Ankit,

Few questions

1) Did you create the template using existing project site template?

2) After moving the template did you modify the enterprise project type to set the project site template.

Thank you,

Kiran K

Friday, February 21, 2014 4:04 PM
  • Hi Kiran,

1) I created a project using existing Enterprise Project template, then customised and then saved it as template

2) Actually, i created completely new enterprise project type by setting set its project  template to customised one.

Regards,
    Ankit G

Friday, February 21, 2014 4:13 PM
  • Ankit,

Please check following.

1) Try to create new site using customized template from  site setting >> Site and workspaces and check if you get the customization

2) I hope you are creating a project using the EPT to which you have set the Project Site Template. Please confirm?

3) Create a project site manually by going to PWA Settings >> connected project sites and check the results.

Let us know the results.

Thank you,

Kiran K.

Friday, February 21, 2014 4:24 PM
  • sure, i'll try the steps you mentioned......will let you know on Monday.. :-)

Thanks,

Ankit G

Friday, February 21, 2014 5:34 PM
  • Hi Kiran,

There were two features needed to be activated PWSDefault and Reporting after that i was able to create Project site with  custom template

But the issue that reamins is Enterprise Custom Fields and Lookup Tables and custom Project Detail Pages were not migrated

Can you suggest i can move enterprise custom fields, PDPs from one environment to another..??

Thanks & Regards,

Ankit G

Monday, February 24, 2014 9:44 AM
  • Hello Ankit,

I am glad to know that Project Site template is working for you now.

In Project Server 2010 we had tool named Playbook to move PWA configuration from one environment to another. Thit tool is not available for Project Server 2013. There is a third party product available http://www.fluentpro.com/productsfluentbooks2013.html

In Project Server 2013, you can move data from one environment to another by migrating Project Server database. Did you try this?

Thank you,

Kiran K.

Monday, February 24, 2014 10:30 AM