Connect to remote Gihub RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

Could you please share some sample script on how we can connect to a remote git branch.

1. Connect to the remote branch and encrypted authentication process.

2. Get the all the files and meta data information about the file committed the same day.

I know many would recommend me to google out but tried to find didn't found anything related it could be due to am new to Powershell world and not clearly expressing right search keywords. Am under immense tight deadlines pressure please support.

Thanks

Priya

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 1:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please post Git issues in the Git forum.  "Git" is not a Microsoft scripting product.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 3:22 PM
  • Please post Git issues in the Git forum.  "Git" is not a Microsoft scripting product.

\_(ツ)_/

Hi Sir,

I don't have any issues with Git. Am trying to understand how we connect to GitHub remote repository using Powershell and get details of the latest committed files. 

Thanks

Priya

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 3:40 PM
  • Ask the GitHub people how to use GIT.  There is a module and commands that can be used from CMD or from PowerShell. 

Her eis an article explaining how to install and configure GIT for command line use with examples in PowerShell.

https://www.develves.net/blogs/asd/articles/using-git-with-powershell-on-windows-10/

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by Priya Bange Thursday, August 2, 2018 4:02 AM
    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 3:58 PM