Duplicate NOtification received at Analyst Update RRS feed

• Question

• The affected user receives 2 email notifications for each analyst comment made to an incident. I have gone through the subscriptions and notifications and cannot understand where the 2nd one is being generated. I have viewed the email that the effected user received, and can not find the email template anywhere! Is there any way of working out what notification triggers what email template?

Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:18 PM

Answers

• Anothert option might be exporting all management packs and, starting with the custom management packs, and do a search in the management pack content for keywords of the email.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:36 PM

All replies

• Hi

The easiest way is to modify the notification templates and add a line to say what should be triggering them. This works best if each template is only used with 1 subscription.

Otherwise it is trial and error - at a non production time you could disable a subscription, test, then re-enable the subscription to see if it was sending the emails. Start with the subscriptions that you think relate to an analyst comment being added. Note when you re-enable the subscription if it was triggered during the test it is likely to "catch up" and send an email.

Also it could be one subscription that gets triggered twice. I would look closely at the criteria you are using to see why there are two emails being sent. There was an early post in the last couple of weeks where the From criteria was blank and the To criteria filled in - this meant that the condition was meet multiple times when SCSM workflows ran in the background.

Regards

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:13 PM
  • Anothert option might be exporting all management packs and, starting with the custom management packs, and do a search in the management pack content for keywords of the email.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:36 PM
  • Thanks for the relies.

When the analyst updates an incident, the affected user gets 2 x emails, based on 2 different templates. One email is HTML and the other is plain text. I have managed to figure out which subscription is sending the HTML notification (when I disabled it and add a analyst comment, I do not get the HTML email, just the plain text one, when I enable the subscription again I then get the correct one as expected) but while that expected subscription is disabled im still getting the plain text email notification! Just cant find where the plain text duplicate is being sent from.

On "Incident Workflows" I have 2 entries. One that informs the affected user when a call is raised and another to update the affected user when their call changes from "active" to "resolved/closed" 

Friday, March 17, 2017 9:21 AM