Unable to access permissions groups, even thought a person have full control. Where is the problem? RRS feed

• Question

• Person have full control to workspace and all the sites under that workspace. All other sites are fine, except one.

Person can see the available permission groups, but when clickin one this error message is displayed: "You do not have permission to view the membership of the group." Person is in the group.

Could someone tell where to check and what? This is SharePoint online 2013.

Thanks!

Thursday, June 30, 2016 7:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems the group has been restricted to view by only members of the group,Open the group which you have issue with SharePoint service account or group owner, go to group settings and add your account as group owners or change "Who can view the membership of the group" to "everyone" and save.

Karim... Please remember to mark your question as answered, if this solves your problem.

• Marked as answer by IrinaOL Thursday, June 30, 2016 3:06 PM
    Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:18 AM
  • Thanks!

It took some time to find the place, but it did.

I changed the settings and now the person can view the members and do the changes (as she has full control).

The weird thing is though, that all other pages that she can view and edit had similad settings. I could not find any differences. Now one entity has "everyone" and others dont't.

Well, the end result matters :-)

Thanks.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 2:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems the group has been restricted to view by only members of the group,Open the group which you have issue with SharePoint service account or group owner, go to group settings and add your account as group owners or change "Who can view the membership of the group" to "everyone" and save.

Karim... Please remember to mark your question as answered, if this solves your problem.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:18 AM
  • Thanks!

It took some time to find the place, but it did.

I changed the settings and now the person can view the members and do the changes (as she has full control).

The weird thing is though, that all other pages that she can view and edit had similad settings. I could not find any differences. Now one entity has "everyone" and others dont't.

Well, the end result matters :-)

Thanks.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 2:55 PM