none
administrative task don't show up in timesheet in Pwa 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• One of the user project manager is not able to see Administrative task in his timesheet.We deleted and recreated the timesheet still it doesnt show up.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Project Help,

Have you checked that your PM correctly connects to "my timesheet" page and not "my task" page. My Task page is intended for task updates so it doesn't display administrative tasks.

Also check that he has no filters or groups.

You could finally try to run a delegation session to see exactly what he sees.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:37 PM
  • I am acting as delegate for him i am checked there is no filter.He cannot see administrative task for  this week and next week but he can see for future weeks

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:42 PM
  • Might it be possible that he intentionally or by mistake deleted the administrative tasks for those 2 periods? I've just tested that it is possible to remove administrative tasks using the "remove task" feature.

Try to add the administrative task using "add row" then select "add a non-project activity" (approximative translation from french). You'll be able to add the removed admin tasks for the 2 periods, save the 2 timesheets and see if it keeps it.

Then:

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:51 PM
  • Thanks for your help! I can certainly do that but do you know why its missing. I know PM would not have not deleted it even by mistake.
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:16 PM
  • If it has not been deleted by the PM, I have to admit that I have no clue.

Just as a comment, I've seen that it is unfortunately quite doable and fast to remove tasks in the timesheets since there is no warning or confirmation message.

Hopefully the workaround I proposed will bring back your PM on track.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:20 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

I have another user who ran onto the same problem of Missing admin Task.

do you suggest anything?

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 6:33 PM
  • Unfortunately not.. 

Except if you can reproduce this bug or if it happens to occur regularly for many users and many timesheets, I still think that it is likely to be a wrong operation of the PM, removing the line.

Maybe just ensure the "always display" checkboxes are checked, but in case it has been unchecked, the line in question will not be displayed for all new timesheets for all users.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 6:44 PM