none
Bus spotted on PowerQuery Formula.Firewall check, it can be bypasses in (at least) one circumstance RRS feed

• Question

• Formula Firewall block the execution of script if in aquery is used a statement like:

let

SOMECODE HERE

ServerName = DB_Parameters{Index}[ServerName],
        DatabaseName = DB_Parameters{Index}[DatabaseName],
        Source = Sql.Database(ServerName,DatabaseName)

in

Source

preventing use of a step's riferiment in Connections. And thats ok: i get an error from formula firewall.

The strange behaviour is if i add a useless step like a=a :

let

SOMECODE HERE

ServerName = DB_Parameters{Index}[ServerName],
        DatabaseName = DB_Parameters{Index}[DatabaseName],
        Source = Sql.Database(ServerName,DatabaseName),

a=a

in

Source

now i get no error from formula firewall.

I think this is a bug.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 10:28 AM

Answers

• I suspect the "useless" step may be causing the firewall to partition the query differently. "a = a" isn't valid M. Can you paste a copy of the actual query and just remove server names or other sensitive info?

Ehren

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 10:46 PM
    Owner

All replies

• I suspect the "useless" step may be causing the firewall to partition the query differently. "a = a" isn't valid M. Can you paste a copy of the actual query and just remove server names or other sensitive info?

Ehren

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 10:46 PM
    Owner
  • Nicola,

Is this still an issue? Are you able to provide the query with the sensitive details removed as suggested by Ehren?

Regards,

Michael Amadi

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful :)

Monday, November 23, 2015 7:16 AM