Enabled monitor through override not visible in custom management pack RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I've this requirement to enable a monitor which is disabled by default in its source sealed management pack. Using following article; via override; I enable the monitor and place it into a custom unsealed management pack.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/library/hh212818.aspx

Now when I try creating subscription based on that monitor; and select the custom unsealed management pack; that monitor is not listed/available. However, this same monitor which is turned enabled by override; is listed; if its parent sealed management pack is selected. 

Questions:

1) Would selecting this monitor from its sealed management pack; safe to assume this monitor is now enabled? 

2) Is this default behavior for monitors turned enabled via override? 

Please provide input to this, how an enabled monitor through override can be referenced to be used? Thank you.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 11:36 PM

Answers

• 1) If the override is done properly, yes, it is enabled. You can check that it is actually enabled by opening the health explorer of an object targeted by this monitor : it should be green/yellow/red instead of blank when it was disabled

2) It is the default behavior. What happens is that you store the override (just a parameter that says "ok, the monitor is now enabled") in the unsealed management pack, not a copy of the actual monitor.

• Marked as answer by Shahzad_Rasool Wednesday, February 4, 2015 12:39 AM
    Wednesday, February 4, 2015 12:38 AM