Call Forwarding Showing Caller ID RRS feed

• Question

• We have configured response group with "Forward to telephone number "when time-out period expired. Call also forwarded to specific cell number which we defined, but the problem is when the call forwarded to that number the actual number is not showing we can see our Caller ID not that number. Where I miss can you please help.

• Moved by Shaw_Lu Friday, September 27, 2019 8:14 AM
    • Moved by Shaw_Lu Friday, September 27, 2019 8:29 AM
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 7:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Farhan Khan Mughal,

You can replace a user's Caller ID, which by default is their telephone number, with another phone number. For example, you could change the user's Caller ID from their phone number to a main phone number for your business or change the user's Calling Line ID from their phone number to a main phone number for the legal department. You can change the Calling ID number to any Online service number.

For more details, please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/set-the-caller-id-for-a-user

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 27, 2019 8:19 AM
  • We are not using Skype For Business Online. We have Skype For Business on premise. Also Most of our users set up Call Forwarding on their Skype for business clients to their cellphones. When people do this, the call gets forwarded to their cellphones but the call shows up as our main office number on their cellphones, it doesn't show the number of the actual original caller. How can I make Skype For Business show the caller's number on people's cellphone when Call. 
    Friday, September 27, 2019 5:51 PM
  • One more thing I want to add here. We are also using Suppress Caller ID for all our users.
    Friday, September 27, 2019 6:03 PM
  • In Trunk Configuration (Voice Routing), do you have Enable Forward Call History enabled?

This should send on the history of the original calling party.

Monday, September 30, 2019 1:18 PM
  • Hi Farhan Khan Mughal,
    In my research, there is a related KB. You can have a try.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/4458692/incorrect-caller-id-shown-on-the-skype-for-business-client-in-a-call

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 1:51 AM
  • Yes, It's enabled.
    Thursday, October 3, 2019 3:18 PM
  • Hi Farhan Khan Mughal,

Do you mean that the related KB has worked?

If that please try to mark it as an answer to close the thread, it will help others who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Friday, October 4, 2019 1:19 AM
  • If I enabled as per this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/4458692/incorrect-caller-id-shown-on-the-skype-for-business-client-in-a-call. I am able to see the number its seem fine now. But next problem we are facing my caller id not showing to another person its showing different not actual called which we configured in front end after this command:

Set-CsTrunkConfiguration -Identity site:Redmond -AcceptGatewayPAIForOutboundCalls $True

Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:26 PM
  • Hi Farhan Khan Mughal,

It’s so strange. Perhaps, you could check the Lync server event viewer and confirm if there is any error message related to this issue.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:46 AM
  • Hi Farhan Khan Mughal,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 9:44 AM