none
How to import html files selecting charset RRS feed

• Question

• I use PowerQuery to access a folder with a lot of htmls.  

When I access the data, i get a lot of   

I can not find where to configure the unicode....could it be done?

the data has a lot of characters like á, é, etc...

if I open the html directly with Chrome I can see everything fine.

Thursday, September 6, 2018 1:46 AM

Answers

• Hm. Can you share a sample file (with any sensitive data removed) that demonstrates the issue?

I've tried a few UTF-8 HTML pages (such as this one), and they all seem to work fine.

Ehren

Monday, October 8, 2018 9:43 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Jaime. Are you using Excel or Power BI? And what function are you using to extract data from the HTML? Web.Page?

Thanks,

Ehren

Thursday, September 13, 2018 6:15 PM
    Owner
  • We have same problem. I am importing "From Folder..." several html files with tabels in Excel Power Query. I see on "Imported HTML" step this: = Web.Page(#"G:\MyPath..")

All works fine but I too have been looking for coding settings as we wish to set UTF-8 as we usually do when importing csv files on same way as we now do with html files.

When importing csv files a menu where we can choose coding turns up in the wizard, but not for HTML files :(

Any clue where text coding can be changed (if even possible) to be able to view those strange chars in the final result?

Monday, October 8, 2018 8:46 PM
  • Hm. Can you share a sample file (with any sensitive data removed) that demonstrates the issue?

I've tried a few UTF-8 HTML pages (such as this one), and they all seem to work fine.

Ehren

Monday, October 8, 2018 9:43 PM
    Owner