How to notify the owner/organizer when a delegate creates a meeting request? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been tasked to make sure that the CEO gets a notification in Outlook when a delegate creates a meeting request in her calendar. 

If the delegate puts the CEO in the "To:" field, then the CEO does get a notification but this is NOT the case if the delegate also has SEND AS permissions. 

Also, when the delegate creates a meeting in the calendar of the CEO via webmail, there is an option to notify the owner/organizer but I don't see this option in Outlook and I also can't seem to find ANY information about this function. 

The option is as follows:

Can you refer me to some documentation on this so I can configure this according to best practice (if there are any BP's)?

Thanks a lot!

Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Jozef,

>>If the delegate puts the CEO in the "To:" field, then the CEO does get a notification but this is NOT the case if the delegate also has SEND AS permissions.

What happens when the delegate puts the CEO in the To field?

As far as I know, there is no option available in Outlook client to notify the calendar owner when a delegate adds a meeting in the calendar.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:07 AM
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 11:22 AM
  • She gets a message that a meeting has been organized (also saying that "as the meeting organizer, you do not need to respond to the meeting"). So as long as the delegate doesn't have Send As permissions, this message will not automatically be moved to the deleted items but stay in the inbox as desired.

• Edited by Jozef Woo Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:17 PM
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:17 PM
  • Thank you for the update Jozef. If this is the case, i'm afraid currently there is no easy way to achieve the goal.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:07 AM