no display at all after changing monitor output RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows 7 installed and nothing wrong with my video cards. i changed the settings to another monitor output as in monitor 2. Since it didnt show on the other monitor i coulndt change the settings back. now i just have a blank screen, i cant see anything even after ressetting. i cant go into bios since i cant see anything. any suggestions on what i can do?

i have also tried changing the output to the second one still nothing.

i have been using this ciomputer for some time now about 6 months without any problems.

regards,

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 11:45 AM

Answers

• Hmm, judging by the fact that
    i also just tested it with another computer it seems to working fine
    it seems to me that the PSU may not supply enough juice to the system. What power supply do you have on the system and what is its max power output, the PSU may not be able to supply enough juice to the components and may not be able to get the graphics card enough juice to show anything on the monitor.

OK, things to try:

1. Post back what PSU you have and its max output power (this info in shown on a sticker on the PSU unit inside the case)
    (if this goes over your head, just post back everything mentioned on that sticker. I can decipher the max output.)

2. Do you see any lines come up on the monitor, like green lines moving around, or do you have stationary dots around the monitor, or nothing at all?

Hello! Please try every solution given to your problem...and reply back with its results...

- JoelbX
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Wednesday, July 29, 2009 1:03 AM
    Friday, July 24, 2009 3:39 PM

All replies

• I have windows 7 installed and nothing wrong with my video cards. i changed the settings to another monitor output as in monitor 2.
    Does that mean you are trying a dual-monitor setup?
    Since it didnt show on the other monitor i coulndt change the settings back. now i just have a blank screen, i cant see anything even after ressetting. i cant go into bios since i cant see anything.
    You can't even see anything when booting up your computer? If it was a OS problem you would be able to see the BIOS. What video cards are you using and how old are they?
    Hello! Please try every solution given to your problem...and reply back with its results...

- JoelbX
    • Edited by JoelbX Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:03 PM hit the wrong button
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:02 PM
  • yes i was trying to do a dual monitor setup
    video card is about 4-5 months and i also just tested it with another computer it seems to working fine. video card is a MSI - 9600gt dual output.
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 7:58 AM
  • Have you tried Nvidia's latest drivers?

Can you get in the BIOS at all? You said you can't see the BIOS screen.

- JoelbX
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:36 PM
  • no i cant get into bios and i cant see nothing. all i know is that the monitor does detect the computer and yes i ahve the lastest drivers installed.
    Friday, July 24, 2009 7:46 AM
  • Hmm, judging by the fact that
    i also just tested it with another computer it seems to working fine
    it seems to me that the PSU may not supply enough juice to the system. What power supply do you have on the system and what is its max power output, the PSU may not be able to supply enough juice to the components and may not be able to get the graphics card enough juice to show anything on the monitor.

OK, things to try:

1. Post back what PSU you have and its max output power (this info in shown on a sticker on the PSU unit inside the case)
    (if this goes over your head, just post back everything mentioned on that sticker. I can decipher the max output.)

2. Do you see any lines come up on the monitor, like green lines moving around, or do you have stationary dots around the monitor, or nothing at all?

- JoelbX
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Wednesday, July 29, 2009 1:03 AM
    Friday, July 24, 2009 3:39 PM