Equation 3.0 in Office 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just receive a message that I can't use the Equation 3.0 in Office Word 2010.

The message said that the " Microsoft Word can't open this application"

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks and regards,

Yuen

Saturday, January 6, 2018 5:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Yuen,

You may go to Start menu > Control Panel > Programs and Features, then click the Microsoft Office 2010 icon in the programs list and click Change. Select "Add or Remove Features" and click Continue. Expand the Office Tools icon, click the Equation Editor icon and choose "Run from my computer". Click the Continue button and let the installer finish.

If above doesn't help, you may also have a try with afwings's suggestion in this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-mso_other-mso_2010/equation-editor-30-cant-be-used-in-office-2010/67ce67ba-893c-4424-855e-9534f2bb3832

Hope is helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:14 AM
    Monday, January 8, 2018 7:16 AM
  • Hi Yuen,

How is everything going? Is this issue fixed now?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Steve Fan Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:15 AM
    Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:15 AM