none
User Security setting on folders containing Unix-symbolic-links RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm new at this forum. (And not english alas)

I have a smal question on setting folder permissions / security settings.

Besides windows (7 and 10) I also use Unix/Linux.

I'm playing with setting security on user and group level on windows folders, which contain my unix files ( a lot of them).

That goes all fine, no problem there .... except 1 little anoying thing.

Everytime when there is a unix-symbolic link in it, windows pops up a message box that on this kind of files it doesn't work.

For me, that it's not working, is actually no problem, but ..... the window is popping up at every symbolic link which is created there.

Is there a method to avoid clicking "OK" at every unix-symbolic link. (Can it be automated somehow, or is there an option to "remember"your answer for all upcoming identical messages ... like when you want to overwrite, there is always a "tab" which says "apply to all"or something similar)

Anyone a good idea to avoid the repeated pop-up?

Thursday, November 1, 2018 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

The pop- up window is configured by hard coding. If there is a tick box about such as apply it to all, we could change this settings through registry key as it was designed to be controlled manually. However, for this window, it was not. So it would be not available to avoid repeated pop-up with official measure.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 2, 2018 8:13 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? 
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 8:21 AM