App-V Server installation Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I installed APP V 5.1 SP1 on windows 2012 server , after installation i am unable to browse the managements server page

I changed the binding of default web Site on the server to 8080 , so that i could use port 80 for APp v mgmt

This is what i keep getting , dont know why i get access denied. 

I am admin on the server and installed App-V using the same account.

In the Eventvwr i get this event

Log Name:      System
    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-WAS
    Date:          13-07-2013 16:19:35
    Event ID:      5201
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      appv01.domain.com
    Description:
    A process serving application pool 'AppVPublishing' reported a failure during application preloading or service loading. The process id was '2868'.  Please ensure that all application preload or service settings in the application pool are configured properly.  The data field contains the error number.

Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:45 PM

All replies

• What are the permission on the file location? Are they the same as if the installation was done to the default Program Files location?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Saturday, July 13, 2013 2:05 PM
  • As the error message indicates an Acces Denied to E:\...web.config you should ensure that the IIS user (IUSR) has read access to that file.

Quite likely is that your installation destination (E:\ is the cause, as described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2800730

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |  Blog kirxblog   |  Web kirx.org

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:04 PM
  • Hi Kirk,

I checked the article and the users have correct permission on E:

For IUSR

I checked a working and my non working App-v 5 server and none have IUSR added for the Sites.

Could you provide some additional information that i can check to make this work

Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:09 PM
  • Could you cross-check IIS' bindings (actually there shouldn't be an issue) and the App-V Management Server section in the registry if there is something weird?

Also, can you check if both, the Management Server Application Pool and the Management Server Web Site are running (using IIS Management console)

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |  Blog kirxblog   |  Web kirx.org

Friday, July 26, 2013 4:01 PM