none
outlook group email returns an unknown error message

Question

• I'm using Outlook 2016 in Microsoft Office 365. When I attempt to send a group email within contacts to a defined group I receive a Operation failure, message interfaces "unknown error" message.  How can this be resolved.
    Sunday, April 23, 2017 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi tomtitus,

>>  When I attempt to send a group email within contacts to a defined group I receive a Operation failure, message interfaces "unknown error" message. 

Based on my research, this error usually occurs when a Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook account and a Microsoft Exchange Server account are configured in the same Outlook profile.

If this is your case, please try creating separate Outlook profiles, and then configure the Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook account in one profile and the Exchange Server account in another profile. For instructions about how to create profile and set up an e-mail account in Outlook, please refer to the article below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-hk/help/829918/how-to-create-profile-and-set-up-an-e-mail-account-in-outlook

Hope this can be helpful. Please feel free to post back if you need further assistance on this.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 10:03 AM