locked
legit mail stuck in default smtp virtual server RRS feed

  • Question

  • hi

    just set up a sbs 2003 box fully updated.  mail is flowing in and out, but some legit incoming mail is stuck in the smtp queue.  i am not sure how to get this resolved.

    please assist.

    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:41 AM

Answers

  • this is fixed.  it was caused by a MTU problem with our dsl modem.  The modem's MTU was set to 1500, but could only actually handle up to 1433.  We ended up having to turn the modem striclty into a pass-trhough device and install a dedicated firewall.   Once we did this, the firewall had no issue with the MTU at 1500.
    • Marked as answer by jka61671 Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:33 PM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:33 PM

All replies

  • Please verify if the issue only happens to specific internal users or specific external domains

    When the message stuck in the queue, please view the additional information on this queue via ESM (Reference)

    Please refer the methods in the article below to troubleshoot the mail flow issue

    Troubleshooting Mail Flow and SMTP

    Notes: This forum is for the issues in the pure exchange environment, for the exchange issues on the SBS server please use the “Small Business Server” forum which would be the best place for the question

    James Luo

    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Alan.Gim Monday, February 21, 2011 1:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:44 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by jka61671 Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:33 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by jka61671 Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:33 PM
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:41 AM
  • this is fixed.  it was caused by a MTU problem with our dsl modem.  The modem's MTU was set to 1500, but could only actually handle up to 1433.  We ended up having to turn the modem striclty into a pass-trhough device and install a dedicated firewall.   Once we did this, the firewall had no issue with the MTU at 1500.
    • Marked as answer by jka61671 Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:33 PM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:33 PM