none
Request Status Update RRS feed

• Question

• Is "Request Status Update" a feature that is available within Project Pro 2013? If so, where is it located?

\Spiro Theopoulos, Montreal, QC (Canada)

Friday, February 20, 2015 7:11 PM

Answers

• Spiro --

You can add the Request Progress Information button to your Ribbon or your Quick Access Toolbar to use this feature.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, February 20, 2015 8:37 PM

All replies

• Spiro --

You can add the Request Progress Information button to your Ribbon or your Quick Access Toolbar to use this feature.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, February 20, 2015 8:37 PM
  • With Project On-line I guess given that there are no reminders/ notifications, there would not be any benefit in implementing it. Is this correct?

\Spiro Theopoulos, Montreal, QC (Canada)

Saturday, February 21, 2015 1:36 AM
  • Dale - I just checked and in my Project Pro for Office 365 - Request Progress is not listed as a command when I try to add to the Quick Access Toolbar, I was checking the "All Commands" list!

On a similar theme - the "presence" feature against resource names provides various communication options, I don't have it enabled on my instance of Project Online so I cannot check but is there an option to request updates from this "presence" feature?

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Friday, December 2, 2016 5:14 PM
  • Dominic --

In Project Pro for Office 365, the command you seek is named Update Project Progress.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Proposed as answer by Dominic Moss Monday, December 5, 2016 4:11 PM
    Monday, December 5, 2016 2:29 PM
  • Hi Dale - thanks for lighting my darkness, any idea why they changed the name of this feature? The name as it is now was one that I saw but assumed to be something for the plan owner to do rather than requesting inputs from Team Members.

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Monday, December 5, 2016 4:11 PM
  • Dominic,

To answer your Lync integration question in terms of features, the features are not expanded for Project.

If you want the fullest story on integration for Outlook, myself and Renke Holert did an MPUG webcast on what was available earlier in the year.  You can watch it if you are an MPUG member.

Thursday, December 8, 2016 9:20 AM