NTVDM.exe keyboard keys issue RRS feed

• Question

• Had earlier Win Xp sp2, and had a old software that is 16bit.  I have now a new computer with Windows 10 pro 32bit, and i have enabled the NTVDM, so my old 16bit software is working fine, but the keyboard typing is wrong when i using the old software on NTVDM. My keyboard language is set to Norwegian(Bokmål). In word and other software the keyboard is typing the correct keys. Only when im using NTVDM, im then missing Å Æ Ø keys. All the other keys is working. Is it possible to change the NTVDM keyboard language(key typing) ?  
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 9:24 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

We would recommend to ask for help from the keyboard manufacturer to check if any related driver for 16 bit system as we think the reason might related with incompatibility between keyboard and NTVDM. 

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Tuesday, December 17, 2019 6:59 AM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 2:13 AM
  • Hello, go to c:\windows\system32\

Edit config.nt as administrator

Add the following lines:

files=255
    dos=high, umb
    device=%SystemRoot%\system32\himem.sys
    COUNTRY=047,850, %SystemRoot%\system32\COUNTRY.SYS

You can delete all other lines

Do the same with autoexec.nt and add the following lines
    %SystemRoot%\system32\KB16 NO,850, %SystemRoot%\system32\KEYBOARD.SYS

Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:38 PM
  • Hi,
    Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 7:00 AM