none
IE10 for Win7 RTM RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Rob,

Yes it was a Painful download but I did finally get it done,

Very odd used a link provided by Firedog on Answers :)

Download seemed to work okay/ never confirmed to boot to install ?

Looked through installed updates nada,

Unpinned ie from taskbar,

Shut down machine and repeated looking for it nada,

Reset ie9 deleted personal settings...Open from all programs 32 bit version/ still had two listings,

opened and got ie9 has been upgraded message/ Clicked on the Home button/ go to msn,

Msn had a message at the top of the page to upgrade to ie10 went ahead and used it.

Was a very slow install thought it froze looking for and installing needed updates and kicked over to the language pack install/ finally the shut down to finish install wow.

I can imagine why there will be so many errors and confusion about downloading this,

Not a walk in the park but was interesting to say the least :)

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:00 AM
  • Can we install it on top of the IE10 preview? I tried to remove the preview first, which causes my Windows to fail to boot.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:08 AM
  • I would guess and say no,

It's always best to Uninstall any beta products before downloading full versions.

Roll back to ie9 or what ever you had before then reset it.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:53 AM

• It's always best to Uninstall any beta products before downloading full versions.

I did this and this causes my Windows7 to no longer boot.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff560177%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

System restore fixed it and now I'm back with the preview IE10.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:33 AM
  • its coming this update cycle ...

No sign of it here.   Did you have IE10 RP installed?

FWIW I tried other possible download sites and saw no sign of it.   Just IE10 RP.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 12:17 PM
    Answerer
  • yep... had RP installed and automatic updates checked... (see About box)

there was no IEBlog post, but I get those on a 24hr delay as they propagate. Nope... still no Blog post... but it definitely came via WU.

there's another post at the top of this forum at the moment...

Regards.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:59 PM
  • [image of Help, About showing  Install new versions automatically  is checked]

@ Rob

Did you have WU doing automatic updates before or is IE trying to override our preferences?

FWIW I just checked.  I now have  Install updates automatically  but at least it is saying it will give me "detailed notifications when new Microsoft software is available."   Unfortunately, I cannot be certain if that is how I last set those options.   At one point I was always using  "Download but let me choose..."   OTOH this may not be new because I have noticed before this an odd warning prompt which gives me 10 minutes to request a postponement of up to 4 hours (which can be repeated).   If I get called away from my machine and forget about that I guess I have only myself to blame for not killing wuauserv?

Anyway, IE10 RTM arrived for me today courtesy of WU.  Some things have been fixed.  E.g. Feed reading view is working.   And AutoScroll seems a bit more reliable.   ; )

Robert
    ---

Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:53 AM
    Answerer
  • http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-10/worldwide-languages

@ dissed

How discoverable was that?   The only place I saw it was as a tip on Answers.   Microsoft Search seemed oblivious of it.  My BING bar still is.   I think the one it is showing is still offering the IE10 RP.

Robert
    ---

Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:06 AM
    Answerer
  • that would be users with Norton insight installed..... I know a site with 20000 seats that still offers FX 2.1 for users.

Rob^_^

Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:31 AM
  • Jetta48's thread,

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/forum/feedback_other-iefeedback/ot-ie10-rtm-for-windows-7-has-been-released/4ab9652e-0990-4818-85e0-0e66078b7850

Firedog posted the link and separate x86 and x64 downloads,

Which I used the add in msn after I reset ie9 because the x64 didn't seem to take ?

• Edited by ThrashZone Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:40 AM
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:08 AM
  • I wouldn't use a Norton reference as proof positive,

Might as well use Mcafee as well ?

Which I'm sure both users of either security utilities are still bitter about them not being compatible with ie9 or windows 7 for that matter.

Security suites can make or brake a browser and make it look as though the browser is junk when in reality it's the security suite which is the problem,

Cheers.

Just for the record I probably would not have downloaded ie10 until the end of this year when the final-final version is released just what I read,

But since I have another computer I flipped a coin :)

There really isn't much of a difference that meets the eye ? tabs act a little different when closing kinda cool.

• Edited by ThrashZone Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:33 AM
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:13 AM