Voicemail not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have one user which part of RGS agent (UserA). He mentioned that whenever external number call to the RGS number,he can see his Skype client ringing. But if he did not answer that call, the call did not route to the Voicemail even though the RGS queue call action has been set to forward the call to the voicemail of one other user (UserB).

UserA - Voicemail is working if we call directly to his direct number (not RGS number)
    UserB - Voicemail not working (when external number call to RGS number, the call should be routed to this UserB voicemail if RGS agent did not pickup the call)

When I run command get-csuser for both of users and the result as follow:

UserA (Voicemail is working)
    HostedVoiceMail :True
    ExUMEnabled : False

UserB (Voicemail not working)
    HostedVoiceMail :True
    ExUMEnabled : True

My questions is:

1) What does HostedVoiceMail and ExUMEnabled means? My understanding is, if HostedVoicemail is TRUE, user voicemail is hosted on Exchange online. If HostedVoicemail is FALSE, user have voicemail on Exchange OnPrem. Is it a correct statement?

2) If ExUMEnabled is FALSE, user suppose not to have Voicemail features. Is it a correct statement? If this is correct, but why UserA voicemail is working eventhough his ExUMEnabled was set to False while UserB voicemail is not working eventhough ExUMEnabled was set to TRUE.

I hope I have explained the issue in a way that you guys here can understand it.

Thanks
    Thursday, November 28, 2019 7:28 PM

All replies

• Hi masan17,

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Do this issue persist all the time with the UserA?

If parameter “HostedVoiceMail” is set to True, it enables a user’s voice mail calls to be routed to a hosted version of Microsoft Exchange server. In addition, setting this option to True enables Skype for Business users to directly place a call to another user's voice mail.

If parameter “ExUMEnabled” is set to TRUE, Lync knows that the user is enabled for UM, and will automatically transfer the call after 20 seconds of not answering (by default), which can be changed to 60 secs.

I recommend you check the options in Skype for Business voicemail as the following document:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/check-skype-for-business-voicemail-and-options-2deea7f8-831f-4e85-a0d4-b34da55945a8

In addition, make sure that the client is the latest version.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 29, 2019 5:20 AM
  • Hi masan17,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 6, 2019 4:52 AM