Sharepoint permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to configure a custom permission level that will grant the user the ability to add documents and other files to a folder but cannot add folders themselves. I tried the contribute permission level but the users can still add new folders. I am using SharePoint 2007. Can someone please assist me?

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 4:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can use event handler for this. In "ItemAdding" event,check current user group (to find out whether he/she is allowed to create folder or not)and item type. Now, if item is of type folder and user is not allowed to create folder, cancel the event.

For more information:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163318.aspx

Hope this helps.

Regards.

• Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Wednesday, March 9, 2011 6:36 AM
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 5:24 PM
  • Hi Eddie,

You can also navigate to the Advanced Settings of the library within the settings options and select No folders option to the "Display New Folder command on the New menu? "

hope this helps.

-- techChirag
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 9:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can use event handler for this. In "ItemAdding" event,check current user group (to find out whether he/she is allowed to create folder or not)and item type. Now, if item is of type folder and user is not allowed to create folder, cancel the event.

For more information:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163318.aspx

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 5:24 PM
  • Hi Eddie,

You can also navigate to the Advanced Settings of the library within the settings options and select No folders option to the "Display New Folder command on the New menu? "

hope this helps.

-- techChirag
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 9:00 PM