Use of Microsoft Edge RRS feed

• Question

• In Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview, Microsoft Edge browser cannot be run by the built-in Administrator user (and I think that makes a few help programs fail!).

So as advised, I created another user (with admin privileges) but the Edge program does not appear in the Start Menu > All Apps. Typing Edge into Search brings no results.

How do you run Edge in 2016 TP3?

UPDATE NOTE

I have just installed the evaluation using the ISO in the "with containers" download and this has now worked fine. I shall revisit my ISO's...

Thursday, October 22, 2015 1:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Steve Atherton,

Enable the Edge run in built-in administrator account has the high security risk and it is not enabled by default, you can refer the following article to enable it.

Windows 10 Edge can’t be opened using the built-in administrator account
    http://www.virtualizationhowto.com/2015/07/windows-10-edge-opened-builtin-administrator-account/

Best Regards,

*** This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet. ***

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 3:11 AM