none
Skype for Business 2016 (lync.exe - Entry Point Not Found) The procedure entry point getCurrentProcessId could not be located in the dynamic link library C:POGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office16\RtmMvrSplitter.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

The error listed in the title appears when I try to access Skype Meetings. We first thought it was a problem with the Windows version. We did an upgrade from version 1809 to the 1903 and full update Microsoft Office 2016. We tried Skype for Business version: Skype for Business Basic 2016 16.0.4417.1000 

We also installed the latest version of the update: "May 7, 2019, update for Skype for Business 2016 (KB4464532)", there is an update on the official website "June 4, 2019, update for Skype for Business 2016 (KB4464576)" which we can not access due to error 404.

I can not insert a picture because my account is not yet verified.

How can I fix the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Milan

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 1:15 PM

Answers

• Regards to all,

Solution:

Do not use Mozilla Firefox browser. When the S4B opens via Microsoft Edge or the Google Chrom browser, there is no error.

Best Regards,

Milan Šuša

Monday, July 22, 2019 11:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Milan,

According to your description, although you have updated the SFB client to the latest version, this issue occurred again. 

For this issue, I want to confirm a question: Does this issue occur in another PC with your account? If in another PC, all works fine, it may be some issues in your PC, you could check your Windows systems in this PC. In addition, I also suggest you could try to perform a clean boot to disable all non-Microsoft services for testing: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:53 AM
  • Hi Evan,

This problem occurs to 10+ workstations at this moment and we believe that the problem is on your side. We have 227 S4B active licenses (219 consumed unists) and we believe that even more colleagues will contact us today. I'll try with clean boot and disable all non-Microsoft services for testing.

Best Regards,

Milan Šuša

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 6:30 AM
  • I have the exact same problem on my corporate laptop. I've received MS Office updates recently.

Friday, July 19, 2019 1:04 PM
  • same here, exact issue after Windows Update
    Friday, July 19, 2019 1:28 PM
  • Experiencing this same issue. 
    Friday, July 19, 2019 6:04 PM
  • Same issue here!
    Friday, July 19, 2019 6:15 PM
  • Hi Milan,

Thanks for your sharing about this, please wait for the next update about this issue. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 22, 2019 7:23 AM
  • Regards to all,

Solution:

Do not use Mozilla Firefox browser. When the S4B opens via Microsoft Edge or the Google Chrom browser, there is no error.

Best Regards,

Milan Šuša

Monday, July 22, 2019 11:44 AM
  • Hi Milan,

Thanks for your sharing. Please also try to mark your reply as answer, it will help others who have similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 5:57 AM
  • Thanks appreciate your help,

used Edge instead of Firefox and the problem was gone

Best regards

Bernd

Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:43 AM
  • This  is most idiotic answer.
    you just pushing to use Microsoft only.
    Monday, July 29, 2019 11:57 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks, Using Chrome/Edge instead of Firefox is working for me.

Though I did a bit of research since I use Firefox as my default, and it seems this bug is resolved in next Firefox release (68.0.2)

Firefox Bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1567614

Best,

Nisarg

Thursday, August 8, 2019 4:19 PM
  • Hi,

Can confirm I just tried using FF ver 68.0.1 and it failed with the above stated error. Updated FF to ver 68.0.2 and retested successfully. i.e. it now works fine and i can keep FF as my default web browser.

Happy days.

-richard

Friday, August 16, 2019 1:37 AM