"Exchange Information Store" service status on Exchange 2007 SCR target RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am taking over Exchange administration (among other things) in my new company, but I am a complete newbie to it.
    We have a CCR cluster in our datacenter and a SCR target in our DR site. Exchange 2007 SP1.

Before upgrading the CCR cluster to Exch2007 sp3, I started with the SCR target.
    The upgrade performed successfully (so said the wizard), but I notice now that the Exchange Information Store service does not start (Startup mode = automatic)
    When I try to manually start it, it gives the following error in the App Event Log : "Error 0x8004010f starting the Microsoft Exchange Information Store. Failed to load Storage Group data. "
    The replication with the source is healthy, the edb files are here... I don't get any other dirty error in the logs..

Quite foolishly I had not verified before upgrading if the service was started, but I get the feeling it was already like that.

My question is : is the Exchange information store supposed to be started on a SCR target. If so, how to troubleshoot my problem ?

Many thanks in advance,

Vincent

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:25 PM

Answers

• Hi

Perform a service health test on that server. Exchange will help you to know the remaining, whether which serice to be started.

Test-ServiceHealth on SCR target

It will give you the information that required services to function as a SCR is running or not

Thank you

• Marked as answer by Novak Wu Friday, August 5, 2011 2:23 AM
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:40 PM