none
Moving Things (MAs, Sync Rules, Sets, Workflows, MPRs) across different instances RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can any one guide me that how we can move MIM related things (MAs, Sync Rules, Sets, Workflows, MPRs)  from one instance to another instance. For example, we did all the development and configuration on an instance and we named it "Test Instance". Now we are moving things to another instance named "UAT Instance". But currently we had to move things manually one by one and its a very tough tasks, taking extra useless effort.

Now after user testing, we need to move things to production. So any one can guide us that how we can do this? I mean, is there any way to move items in bulk, in form of project, or in form of patches?

Thanks

Regards

F.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 10:47 AM

Answers

• The official Microsoft tools and documentation for FIM/MIM migration between test to production can be found here.  I have found the FIMDelta tool on GitHub to be very helpful since it allows you to easily pick out the pieces you want. 

Best,

Jeff Ingalls

• Marked as answer by Fahaad Majeed Wednesday, April 11, 2018 5:56 PM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2018 3:44 PM

All replies

• The official Microsoft tools and documentation for FIM/MIM migration between test to production can be found here.  I have found the FIMDelta tool on GitHub to be very helpful since it allows you to easily pick out the pieces you want. 

Best,

Jeff Ingalls

• Marked as answer by Fahaad Majeed Wednesday, April 11, 2018 5:56 PM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2018 3:44 PM
  • Thanks Jeff. I'll surely test this and will let you know, if I find any issue.

Regards

F.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 5:56 PM