none
Outlook automatically greatly enlarging some text in email replies

Question

•  Within the last month, I noticed that when I open up emails replied to me, that sometimes a random sentence (or wording in my signature) will be greatly enlarged (to like 100pt size) in the email text that I send.  I have no idea if the people I'm sending it to sees this when it is first received, OR, I'm just seeing it when I open the reply.  It's a normal size when sent.

It's been happening more and more, and want it to stop, because it might appear I'm yelling at clients in my email messages.

Anybody else having an issue with this?

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 8:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From the description, this issue happens when reading emails that are replied to you, however, the emails looked good when they were originally sent out, am I correct?

What version of Microsoft Outlook are you using?

Can you see the same behavior when viewing the same emails from the web mail interface of your email account in a browser?

Is there anything in common among these problematic emails? Are they from the same sender or same domain? Are the recipients using Microsoft Outlook as their email client?

In addition, I'd recommend you try starting Outlook in safe mode (outlook /safe) and then see if this issue continues.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 4, 2017 6:05 AM