none
post an article RRS feed

• Question

• I am new in this family when I post an article in TechNet Wiki after writing my post when I submit it, automatically my account is opening and my post is not submitted, my account is complete but what is this....  
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:42 PM

Answers

• You got the Edit Profile screen. This is a known bug. The Wiki team is currently working on this issue.

Until they fix it, the workaround is to first go check to see if your article was made anyway. It might be.

Second, before you click submit (for a new article or a substancial edit), in the body of the article, press Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C to copy the contents. If the submission fails, you can try again. It's very random when you go to the Edit Profile screen, and it looks like you got it at the worst time.

Sorry about the hassle. The team is working hard toward fixing that bug!

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:16 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Do you get the page to "Edit your Profile"? If so, this is a common problem. It seems to be a communication problem (no need to modify your profile). I believe they are working on a solution. In the meantime, you just have to try again.

Also, are you including images in your article? That may result in a message about how "your account must be verified". The work around there is wait until your account is somehow flagged as not a spammer (we had a flood of spam with images in the past).

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

• You got the Edit Profile screen. This is a known bug. The Wiki team is currently working on this issue.

Until they fix it, the workaround is to first go check to see if your article was made anyway. It might be.

Second, before you click submit (for a new article or a substancial edit), in the body of the article, press Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C to copy the contents. If the submission fails, you can try again. It's very random when you go to the Edit Profile screen, and it looks like you got it at the worst time.

Sorry about the hassle. The team is working hard toward fixing that bug!

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Owner