none
Taskbar stays hidden RRS feed

• Question

• I normally use the Autohide Taskbar feature.  Depending on the focused app, however, the tb will not come up when I move the mouse to the bottom edge of the screen.  I have to press the winkey to cause the tb to appear.  The only apps I've noticed causing this are KeePass and NitroPDF.  Is there a fix?

Win7 Ult x64

Sunday, January 30, 2011 11:34 PM

Answers

• Programs get to set their own Z-Order if they so choose, which Microsoft respects and allows (there are legitimate times when software would need to do so).  So Unfortunately this means if an app is a bad citizen, it can cause this behavior.  You'd have to contact the creator of the software to have them fix it.

Alternatively, there is software that will help by auto-lowering the active window when your cursor is near the bottom of the screen, although I personally find this a further annoyance.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by kaborka Tuesday, February 1, 2011 2:31 AM
    Monday, January 31, 2011 4:37 AM

All replies

• Programs get to set their own Z-Order if they so choose, which Microsoft respects and allows (there are legitimate times when software would need to do so).  So Unfortunately this means if an app is a bad citizen, it can cause this behavior.  You'd have to contact the creator of the software to have them fix it.

Alternatively, there is software that will help by auto-lowering the active window when your cursor is near the bottom of the screen, although I personally find this a further annoyance.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by kaborka Tuesday, February 1, 2011 2:31 AM
    Monday, January 31, 2011 4:37 AM
  • Thanks for the explanation.  I'll make bug reports.
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 2:30 AM