none
e-Learning in IE11 RRS feed

• Question

• On the Microsoft Digital Literacy page

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/DigitalLiteracy/curriculum3.aspx

If I launch the e-Learning from the browser all the videos play fine. There is however an option to download the e-Learning files. I have downloaded all the files and installed them but when I launch the e-Learning programs IE11 opens. I click the Allow Blocked content button. After clicking the Allow the next screen is presented.

When I run the e-Learning from the https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/DigitalLiteracy/curriculum3.aspx the following screen is presented.

As you can see there is a difference between the 2 options.

If I continue with the off-line option and click the play button (Click To Begin)

and allow the block content once again I'm presented with the following error.

Object doesn't support property or method '_initError_'

I have tried the same on a Computer running Windows XP SP2 with IE 8 without any problem.

• Edited by Bad_Jam1973 Wednesday, May 20, 2015 8:43 AM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2015 8:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

the downloadable content looks very, very old. I would not be surprised if it is just not modern enough to operate correctly with a modern browser.

The FAQ page for this Microsoft content suggests you could contact Microsoft via email for assistance with this particular content issue:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/DigitalLiteracy/faq.aspx

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 9:20 AM
  • option to download the e-Learning files.

FWIW I haven't tried this part myself yet but the Developer Tools fairly easily could be used to refine the symptom description.  E.g. there may even be a clear enough clue in the Console tab.  Otherwise use right-click Inspect Source to open it and find the "undefined" element or using the Script debugger (e.g. Break on all exceptions) to find out more precisely what is going on.

I have tried the same on a Computer running Windows XP SP2 with IE 8 without any problem.

Then what happens if you use the Developer Tools, Emulation tab in IE11 to simulate that case?  There would also be the option of using Enterprise Mode more conveniently instead if that helped.

Otherwise I second Don's suggestion to get some one-on-one help from those responsible for this product.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 2:48 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

the downloadable content looks very, very old. I would not be surprised if it is just not modern enough to operate correctly with a modern browser.

The FAQ page for this Microsoft content suggests you could contact Microsoft via email for assistance with this particular content issue:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/DigitalLiteracy/faq.aspx

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 9:20 AM
  • option to download the e-Learning files.

FWIW I haven't tried this part myself yet but the Developer Tools fairly easily could be used to refine the symptom description.  E.g. there may even be a clear enough clue in the Console tab.  Otherwise use right-click Inspect Source to open it and find the "undefined" element or using the Script debugger (e.g. Break on all exceptions) to find out more precisely what is going on.

Then what happens if you use the Developer Tools, Emulation tab in IE11 to simulate that case?  There would also be the option of using Enterprise Mode more conveniently instead if that helped.

Otherwise I second Don's suggestion to get some one-on-one help from those responsible for this product.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 2:48 PM
    Answerer