recovering favorites from Internet Explorer on Windows 7; adding add-ons to your browser; adding Norton log-ins to browser. RRS feed

• Question

• There are several issues that came up when I upgraded to Windows 10. While it is a celebrated and supposedly eye pleasing application, it seems that they have chosen to disregard users and deleted certain preferences from a user's browser.  This makes it practically impossible for the user to log into several accounts, since every single site requires different types of passwords, and in order for a person to be able to log on to the several accounts, a person would have to carry around a folder with about 100 different account names, user names, passwords, answers to who, what, or where, phone #s & other pertinent information to be able to log onto or recover a lost or forgotten password.I really do not like what Microsoft has done with the new browser. It looks chick, but to me it's unworkable and a nuisance to use.  If the Cadillac is not broken, why fix it?

Sunday, August 30, 2015 8:06 PM

All replies

• There are several issues that came up when I upgraded to Windows 10. While it is a celebrated and supposedly eye pleasing application, it seems that they have chosen to disregard users and deleted certain preferences from a user's browser.  This makes it practically impossible for the user to log into several accounts, since every single site requires different types of passwords, and in order for a person to be able to log on to the several accounts, a person would have to carry around a folder with about 100 different account names, user names, passwords, answers to who, what, or where, phone #s & other pertinent information to be able to log onto or recover a lost or forgotten password.I really do not like what Microsoft has done with the new browser. It looks chick, but to me it's unworkable and a nuisance to use.  If the Cadillac is not broken, why fix it?

Sorry for the trouble. Are you having any issues with Norton Identity Safe? Let me know if you need any help with your Norton. Glad to help.

Thanks

Raj

Norton Support

Thursday, September 3, 2015 2:11 AM