The client on my SCCM server doesn't download machine or user policies. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a SCCM server that has the client installed but it doesn't download the policies. All components show as installed exept ccm notification agent, which is disabled. I've tried uninstalling, reboot'ing and the installing the client again, updating it to 1303, updating the site from CU2 to Cu3 and updating the client again but no luck.

This is a single server site that has HTTPS enabled, all other clients are working normally.

Any ideas what might cause this?

Regards,

Freyr

Friday, November 7, 2014 9:56 AM

Answers

• Well I ended up on reinstallinn the management point, deleting all certificates and creating new ones and booting into safe mode to delete the ccmsetup folder.

Not sure if the last step was required but it is now working properly.

Thanks for all the help.

• Marked as answer by FreyrGauti Tuesday, December 16, 2014 3:05 PM
    Tuesday, December 16, 2014 3:05 PM

All replies

• Make sure that Management Point working normally,

Make Sure Client can resolve and reach this Management point,

Make Sure this client Approved in SCCM

Regards, Ibrahim Hamdy

Friday, November 7, 2014 12:00 PM
  • The management point is working normally.

It doesn't show up in the console that the client is installed so I can't approve it.

The client knows the management point but I'm not sure if it can reach it, which logs should I be looking at?

Friday, November 7, 2014 2:05 PM
  • Start with ClientIDManagerStartup.log, ClientLocation.log and LocationServices.log.

My Blog: http://www.petervanderwoude.nl/
    Follow me on twitter: pvanderwoude

Friday, November 7, 2014 2:10 PM
  • Ok, the ClientIDManagerStartup.log has one error: Failed to submit event to the Status Agent. Attempting to create pending event.

The other two logs have no errors.

But when I looked at another SCCM server from a different enviroment, I noticed that the installation folder for the client was sms_ccm, but on the one that has the problem, it's under the windows folder like on a normal client.

Any ideas?

Monday, November 10, 2014 2:30 PM
  • Anyone with ideas?
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 10:51 AM
  • IS that PC showing as approved on collection? and what is status is showing in policyagent,log file?

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 1:46 PM
  • PC in question is the SCCM server it self, and it doesn't show as with a client in the console so it's neither approved or not approved.

It's showing this error in the policyagent.log file

"Error creating instance of MaintenanceModeManager, hr = 0x80040154"

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:47 PM
  • A quick question, does this client get the site code correctly?

If not, what happens if you click "Find Site" in Configuration Manager properties (in Control Panel).

What is logged in the location related logs when you perform this action?

Regards,
    Bennie Chen

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 7:35 AM
  • Hi Freyr,

Are you using HTTP or HTTPs for client communicaiton? If you are using HTTP, try the followings:

1. On the administration Page, select “Site” and right click the MP site. On the Client Computer Communication tab, for Site System Setttings, select “HTTPS or HTTP”. For Client computer Settings, uncheck Use PKI client certifcate (clinet authentication capability) when avaliable and uncheck Client check the certificate revocation list (CRL) for site systems.

2. From the problematic client, try to access this address and see how it goes.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/configurationmgr/archive/2009/08/10/troubleshooting-issues-where-clients-are-not-reporting.aspx

Thanks.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 1:26 PM
  • Ben, the client shows the right site code.

Aaron, I'm using HTTPS, I tried opening that url, both with https and http and this is the error I get both times.

HTTP:

Detailed Error Information:

Module    IIS Web Core
    Notification    BeginRequest
    Handler    AboMapperCustom-25084
    Error Code    0x80070005
    Requested URL    http://sccmserver:80/sms_mp/.sms_aut?mplist
    Physical Path    C:\Windows\CCM\SMS_MP\.sms_aut
    Logon Method    Not yet determined
    Logon User    Not yet determined

HTTPS:

Detailed Error Information:

Module    IIS Web Core
    Notification    BeginRequest
    Handler    AboMapperCustom-25084
    Error Code    0x80070005
    Requested URL    https://sccmserver:443/sms_mp/.sms_aut?mplist
    Physical Path    C:\Windows\CCM\SMS_MP\.sms_aut
    Logon Method    Not yet determined
    Logon User    Not yet determined

• Edited by FreyrGauti Wednesday, November 19, 2014 1:57 PM
    Wednesday, November 19, 2014 1:57 PM
  • Does this server have the required certificates imported into the Cert Store?
    Thursday, November 27, 2014 9:23 AM
  • Yes, all the certificates are there.

Any ideas why it's installing the client in the wrong directory?

I tried booting with safe mode and deleting both the CCM and CCMSETUP folder but it still tries to install in the windows directory again.

Monday, December 1, 2014 7:12 PM
  • Hi ,

Please check if the client certificate expired. Turn off the client firewall for test. 0x80070005 means Access Denied. Hope that rings a bell.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, December 4, 2014 11:21 AM
  • Well I ended up on reinstallinn the management point, deleting all certificates and creating new ones and booting into safe mode to delete the ccmsetup folder.

Not sure if the last step was required but it is now working properly.

Thanks for all the help.

• Marked as answer by FreyrGauti Tuesday, December 16, 2014 3:05 PM
    Tuesday, December 16, 2014 3:05 PM