none
User login Error : Calendar has been changed from Gregorian to other one on Regional Setting of PWA 2010. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

My environment is 2010.

I tried to change my calendar from Gregorian to other one and getting error now.

This feature requires either a Gregorian calendar or a calendar that uses a Gregorian recurrence pattern.<br><br>User: <u>url</u>
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: This feature requires either a Gregorian calendar or a calendar that uses a Gregorian recurrence pattern.<br><br>User: <u></u>

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SPException: This feature requires either a Gregorian calendar or a calendar that uses a Gregorian recurrence pattern.<br><br>User: <u>http://acsepm-qa.honeywell.com/_layouts/regionalsetng.aspx?Type=User</u>]
    Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJUtility.PerformGregorianCalendarCheck(PJContext context) +914
    Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJBaseWebPartPage.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) +339
    System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +42
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1256

I know that PWA only support Gregorian Calendar.

can we perform any of the action :

-          Can we change the list of values for Calendar and only keep Gregorian?

-          Can we disable the field in the page?

-          Can we enable the other calendars on our instance?

If not then what is the rid for the issue if occur to any of the user of PWA??

Regards,

Kirtesh

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:04 PM

Answers

• Hi all, 

finally i am able to manage the calendar.

I disabled the calendar field from the page Regional.aspx page. Now users can not select any calendar and also they can change their regional settings.

kirtesh

• Marked as answer by Kirteshtiw Thursday, July 5, 2012 12:59 PM
    Thursday, July 5, 2012 12:59 PM

All replies

• Hi

My Settings > My Regional Settings in top right corner of PWA most likely need changing.

Check Always Follow Web Settings is selected.

Rob Hardy

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:49 PM
  • Hi Rob,

Thanks For reply but my question is if any user is changed his calendar Gregorian to any other calendar and save the setting then he will get error posted above so what is the solution for it,As an admin what should i do because user will not be able to log-in.

and i am also asking whether it is possible that i can remove other option from calendar tab .

or I can Delete\Hide the Calendar Tab.

Regards,Kirtesh

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:27 AM
  • If they get the error; the access will be 'denied' so to speak, however they can go to;

http://URLHERE/PWA/_layouts/regionalsetng.aspx?Type=User

Then get them to select the gregorian calendar, OR always follow web settings. There is an Alternate Calendar option as well, which they could play with. But I would just recommend they leave the settings alone.

Change the URLHERE bit in my link.

Hope this helps.

Rob Hardy

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:50 AM
  • Hi all, 

finally i am able to manage the calendar.

I disabled the calendar field from the page Regional.aspx page. Now users can not select any calendar and also they can change their regional settings.

kirtesh

• Marked as answer by Kirteshtiw Thursday, July 5, 2012 12:59 PM
    Thursday, July 5, 2012 12:59 PM