Connect Remote Operation Manager with SCE2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I want to connect Remote Operation Manager with SCE2007.

I have followed the "Remote Operations Manager Deployment Guide" and have import the Service Povidere MP, I have approved the customer's site.

I have importet certificate and starting the "Configure Service Provider Mode" on the SCE2007 server.

I then get the Warning "Failed to Configure service provider mode. For more information lpease look at he log file: ..."

The log file say

"Creating Service Provider Management Group with management group name xxx and management server xxx.xxx.xxx Configuring certificates 23. mai 200823. mai 2008 09:14:05 -- The index value is not valid."

I can't get the connection between SCE2007 and the Remote Operation Manager
    Friday, May 23, 2008 9:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Lapett,

Please check following:

1. Ensure to approve the customer site using the gateway approval tool.

2. The certificates format is as below:

·    Exist in the Personal store for the computer account

·    Use the following keys: Digital Signature, Key Encipherment (a0)

·    Use the following enhanced keys: Client Authentication (1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.2), Server Authentication (1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.1)

·    Have a subject name that contains the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the server for which the certificate will be installed.

3. Check the the SCOM server is pingable and FQND is resolved correctly.

If the problem remains, repro the problem and then look into event log (such as OpsMgr, Application) to see if any related alerts. If so, save as *.evt as well as service provider log to scedata@microsft.com for further research.

Note copy following in email body:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3393836&SiteID=17

Thanks.

Monday, May 26, 2008 8:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Lapett,

Please check following:

·    Use the following enhanced keys: Client Authentication (1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.2), Server Authentication (1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.1)

·    Have a subject name that contains the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the server for which the certificate will be installed.

If the problem remains, repro the problem and then look into event log (such as OpsMgr, Application) to see if any related alerts. If so, save as *.evt as well as service provider log to scedata@microsft.com for further research.

Thanks.

Monday, May 26, 2008 8:48 AM
  •  Jie-Feng Ren - MSFT wrote:

Hi Lapett,

Please check following:

Thanks.

In the Event Log  I ca se some issues with error ID 20022 (heartbeating problem), 21006 (certificate issue) and 21016 (certificate issue) , and I will next seek look closer on this event.

I will do a new check on the Certificates.

I will also checkthat the SCE server use SP1 (I have installed SP1 on the OM server)

Lapett

Friday, May 30, 2008 7:26 AM