none
Project not Checked-In in some stage on On-Submit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have workflow with several stages and all stages have been marked for "Check In Required". What I need to know why some stages gets checked-in when project is Submitted. I built another sample workflow and used same stage and test and found that check-in was not happening with different set of stages. Means, if I have a same stages in 2 different workflows in one workflow that stage gets check-in and in another it won't. I can't figure out what causes it to check-in.

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 12:19 PM

All replies

• Probably need more detail here Kashif - but you should only set check-in required if you really need it. We did have a fix in the April updates - "Project Server doesn’t always test the checked-in status of a project correctly. Therefore, if a project is checked-out, there may not be a proper notification and a workflow running on the project may fail."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3114950

That could be related.

Best regards,

Brian Smith

Friday, April 15, 2016 9:21 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes we need to check-in project because as per the process when PM Submits, PMO is supposed to perform some action on the project. So, if the project is not properly checked-in PMO has to request for project check-in.

What I didn't get is that the description of feature "Check In Required" in stage says "the user cannot Submit the Project to Workflow without checking in the Project." according to this, user should check-in first and then Submit which is not possible as Submit is only available when project is in editable (checked-out). If manual check-in was intended why at some stages it gets checked-in and why not in some. Secondly I always see check-in job queue, so it means there is something wrong which is not letting the project check-in.  

Currently I have 15.0.4787.1000 patch installed which is January 2016 CU. I will apply April 2016's and see the results and I will update then. Hopefully this should resolve.

Thanks

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

Saturday, April 16, 2016 10:04 AM
  • Hi Brian,

Just to provide an update. The April patch did not work. I only installed PS April patch and I believe result would be same if I go for full PS and SP April's patch.

Kindly update us if this going to be solved any time sooner.

Thanks 

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

Sunday, May 1, 2016 1:21 PM
  • Without more details of exactly why this isn't working Kashif I cannot say what is broken - so certainly cannot say when it will be fixed.  It could just be a configuration issue.  If you open a support ticket then I'm sure we can help you.

Best regards,

Brian.

Best regards,

Brian Smith

Senior Escalation Engineer, Project Support

Blog: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/brismith  Twitter:   LinkedIn:   Facebook:

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Monday, May 2, 2016 1:26 PM
    Owner