none
I Have internet but i can't browse(most likely the network is blocked by something that anti-virus can't detect) HELP! RRS feed

• Question

• ok so i know there is a lot of threads about this topic, but trust me if i found any of them helpful then i wouldn't have posted this.

anyways my problem is sometimes the connection to the internet just stops, i can't browse or do anything that requires network, and the sign says i have a normal connection, while the troubleshooter says the samething, and the only way to do it is to restart the PC, and sometimes i gotta restart it 3 times in less than 10 mins!

i run full scans with AVG premium edition, malwarebytes, iObit tools but non of them found anything.

however during the AVG scan it found a trojan dropper(but i had to go to work) so i left it on to finish the scan and when i came back home my mom has turned it off without knowing if the scan finished or not, so i scanned it again and it couldn't detect it, and to be honest i'm out of ideas, i've tried a lot methods like the winsock, and some light program that was suppose to fix it(forgot it's name) oh and tried to contact HP but my warranty was expired and hp doesn't allow anybody without warranty to contact them, so this was my last resort please please please write all the info you know about this problem and how to fix it.

just in case you might need this info:

HP Paviilion DV5-2135

Windows 7

AMD Turion

64-bit operating system

and i take really good care of it and never had any problem that i couldn't fix my self! well i had few but they didn't really effect it that much.

ps: i didn't know what the category is so i just selected a random cat.

UPDATE: thanks to robert Aldwinckle i was able to fix it, and yes the problem was AVG.

• Edited by taifhamid1 Friday, July 5, 2013 1:13 AM fixed it
    Saturday, June 22, 2013 10:41 AM

All replies

• i run full scans with AVG premium edition

AVG is a keyword with this symptom.  There is a feature used with it called  Linkscan.   You need to turn it off and in order to do that you need to uninstall AVG.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, June 28, 2013 6:30 AM
  • oh man i guessed AVG had something to do with this :(

would you recommend any anti-virus that won't interfere with internet or gaming because i play video games a lot.

Saturday, June 29, 2013 9:10 AM